Installing a garbage disposal is an inexpensive way to add convenience to your kitchen and save money. Toss in the leftovers, flip the switch, and say goodbye to food waste going into the trash and stinking up the kitchen. If you’re in the Malverne, NY, area, call Charles Krull & Son, Plumbing & Heating to find out how a garbage disposal can make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable.
For stubborn drains that clog no matter what you do, try our drain cleaning service for professional help.
Benefits of Having a Garbage Disposal
If you’ve thought about getting a garbage disposal in the kitchen, but are still on the fence, here are few benefits to consider that may make your decision easier.
- Saves Time - Disposing of food waste into the garbage disposal to be broken up is quicker than cleaning food waste into the trash and then taking it out. With a garbage disposal, clean up goes more quickly, so you have more time to relax after a meal.
- Less Waste - Another benefit of having a garbage disposal is there is less food waste thrown out, which means you use fewer trash bags.
- Reduced Kitchen Odor - When you dispose of food in the trash, it’s not long before it starts rotting and stinking up the kitchen. When you grind up food waste and send it down the drain, you eliminate the odors common in many Malverne kitchens.
- Better for the Environment - Disposing of your food waste with a garbage disposal means less trash in the landfill, which translates to a reduction in greenhouse gasses such as methane.
If you’re still not convinced that a garbage disposal is right for you, call our experts for an appointment and let us help you decide.
When to Call for Garbage Disposal Repair
The average garbage disposal should last about ten years, but as with any appliance, how you treat it and whether you maintain it plays a significant role in its longevity. If you’re wondering if it’s time to repair or replace your garbage disposal, consider these signs:
- You get frequent clogs because of dull blades
- You have to press the RESET button often
- Food takes longer to go down than it used to
- The unit leaks
- The unit makes loud or unusual sounds
If your Malverne home is over 50 years old, the pipes probably need to be replaced. Call us and ask about our repiping service today.
Signs You Need a New Sink Installation
As a Malverne homeowner, you may get to a point when you think that your house could use a makeover to improve the aesthetics and functionality. However, a full renovation is usually out of most people’s budgets. The good news, though, is that something as simple as installing a new kitchen sink is enough to satisfy your desire for change for a while. Here are a few signs saying it’s time to get a new kitchen sink.
- Cracks - If your kitchen sink is cracked, it’s probably difficult to clean, and it can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Rather than resurface your old sink, consider buying a new one.
- Low Water Pressure - Old sinks and faucets sometimes fail to provide the water pressure that makes washing dishes quick and easy. Mineral buildup is often the culprit that causes low water pressure, and sometimes, a new sink is the best solution.
- Leaks - If you have a sink that leaks, it’s not only irritating, it costs you money in wasted water. Old, decayed pipes are often the source of leaks, and it’s best to replace it as soon as possible to guard against water damage.
- Rusting - Rust doesn’t only look unattractive, and it’s dangerous, too, because of the possibility of water contamination, which is unhealthy to consume.
- Features - If your sink is too small to wash your large pots and pans, or if you’d like something that offers technology such as Alexa or Google Home compatibility, a replacement is the best way to get there.
Getting a new kitchen sink is an easy and inexpensive way to add functionality and beauty to your home. Call Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing & Heating to find out more.