At Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing & Heating, we’re the area’s most reliable drain cleaning team that focuses on removing the most stubborn clogs to leave your pipes clean and free-flowing. We use the most up-to-date equipment and technology to provide industrial-strength drain cleaning solutions to our residential customers.
Call us when you have clogs in your:
- Laundry Stand Pipe
Or if you have:
- Standing Tub Waste
- Main Line Stoppage
If you’re sick of that old kitchen sink, contact us about our kitchen plumbing service to find out about an upgrade.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Company
No matter how careful we are watching what goes down the drains in our homes, people still experience clogs. Watch out for these signs that it’s time to call for clogged drain repair.
- Wastewater backing up from sinks, showers, and laundry tubs
- Overflowing toilet
- Foul odors coming from one or more of your drains
- Slow draining sink
Some of these problems may point to a more severe issue deeper in your plumbing system that plungers and chemicals can’t reach. No matter what, you can rest assured we have the solution for you. We have a variety of solutions to remove clogs, such as professional drain snakes to break up clogs and wash away the debris. Also, you can prevent future clogs with BiosSmart, which is a family safe, naturally occurring bacteria that eliminates pipe buildup. BioSmart forms a bacterial shield in the pipes to prevent clogs from forming in the first place, and it’s EPA approved and environmentally safe.
How to Prevent Clogs
While some debris going down the drains is unavoidable, you can prevent most clogs by following a few simple tips.
- Install a Lint Catcher - Lint, dust, bits of fabric, and other debris can sneak through your washer’s drain hose and into your sink. To prevent this stuff from clogging the drain, put a lint trap at the end of the hose.
- Use Bacteria - Hair, grease, and food are the causes of most drain clogs. However, if you use a bacterial drain cleaner, it breaks down this organic matter to prevent clogs.
- Don’t Dump Grease - Pour cooking grease and fat into the trash instead of the sink where it cools and conceals to form a clog.
- Use Mesh Screens - Catch hair and stop it from going down the drain by using a mesh screen in the drain or replace the stopper with one that includes a built-in screen.
- Clean the Pop Up Stopper - Many bathroom sinks employ a pop-up stopper, which prevents hair and other debris from going down the drain, but allowing this waste to build up can cause the sink to drain more slowly. Cleaning the stopper usually fixes the problem.
- Put Food Waste in the Trash - Although garbage disposals are effective, you’re always better off putting food waste in the trash or adding it to a compost pile.
- Don’t Flush Non-Flushables - Too many people treat their toilet as a wastebasket and flush all kinds of personal care products down the drain, which can cause clogs over time. Save the toilet for toilet paper and human waste only.
If your Malverne, NY, home is over 50 years old, you may benefit from our repiping services to give you peace of mind and add value to your home.
Best Way to Remove Clogs
Clogged drains are commonplace in Malverne homes, and many people prefer a DIY solution over calling in a professional. So, before you reach for the phone, here are a few solutions that may work for you.
- Plungers clear most clogs, including sinks, tubs, and toilets.
- For clogs deeper down, consider a cable auger or plumber’s snake to reach the obstruction.
- Closet augers are perfect for snaking toilets and are equipped with a hand crank for best results.
- Call a professional if all else fails.