The inconvenient truth is that most boilers break down during winter when people need them the most. When a boiler that’s been inactive for months is put back into action, it sometimes stresses the system beyond what it can handle. If you’re concerned that your boiler isn’t up to the job, or if it flat out stopped working, call Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing & Heating for expert Malverne boiler repair.
Call us to find out how a radiant heating installation in your Malverne home can make you and your family more comfortable this winter.
When to Call a Boiler Repair Company
Malverne, NY, residents know how cold it can get during winter, and how much they rely on their home heating systems to keep the family warm and safe for the long, cold months. While you can address some boiler problems without the need for a professional, sometimes an experienced contractor is what’s required to fix the problem. Here are the most common boiler problems and when you may need to call in a pro for help.
- No Heat or Hot Water
- Leaking and Dripping
- No Pilot Light
- Low Boiler Pressure
- Frozen Condensate Pipe
- Thermostat Malfunction
- Strange Noises: Gurgling, Whistling, Banging
- No Heat From Radiators
- Boiler Constantly Goes On and Off
How to Maintain a Boiler
As winter approaches, it’s time to plan for the cold months ahead, and one of the tasks should be to make sure your heating system is ready to go. To avoid a shutdown or poor performance from your boiler, it’s wise to schedule regular maintenance to keep it running in proper form. Here are a few tips for keeping your boiler in top shape.
- Examine the Vent & Chimney - If you have a boiler system in your Malverne home, you should have a vent connection and chimney, which can deteriorate over time. Check to make sure there are no leaks or holes.
- Check the Heat Exchanger - Boiler leaks often come via the heat exchanger because it’s the one part of the system most prone to leaks. Visually inspect it and make sure there are no leaks or water spots.
- Flush Out the Boiler - During use, debris such as rust and sediment builds up in the boiler system, which lowers the unit’s efficiency over time. So, to keep it running well, flush it regularly.
- Call an Expert - The best way to maintain your boiler is to call a boiler repair company and ask them about their maintenance service.
Our gas log fireplaces are a perfect way to give you more heat and add beauty to your home.
When Should You Replace a Boiler?
Many experts agree that if your boiler is over 15 years old, it’s time to consider replacing it. Other signs that say it’s time to replace the boiler are if your boiler requires frequent repairs, your fuel bills are higher than they used to be, or if your boiler leaks.
Whatever the issue you’re having with your boiler, call Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing & Heating and ask about a boiler replacement.