At Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing & Heating, we’re a family-owned plumbing and heating company that’s been serving the residents here for five generations. We specialize in plumbing and heating, which means you’re getting the expertise that many others don’t have. The next time you need to hire a plumbing company, remember us and call for expert help.
We encourage you to read our customer reviews to find out what other East Rockaway residents are saying and then give us a call.
Signs That You Need Water Heater Repair
A failing water heater doesn’t seem like a big deal until you step into the shower, only to find the water is ice cold. Your water heater works around the clock every day to provide you with all the hot water you need, so it’s no surprise that this stress causes the unit to break down eventually. Here are the most telling signs that your water heater is malfunctioning and that you need repair or replacement.
- Irregular Water Temperature - If you have water that sometimes comes out hot and other times is only lukewarm, it’s a good indication that something is wrong with the system.
- Discolored Water - Water coming out of the tap should be colorless, so if yours is brownish, rusty, or contains tiny particles, the water heater is likely the culprit.
- Running Out of Hot Water Too Quickly - The average water heater has two heating elements, one at the bottom and one at the top, which should provide you with plenty of hot water. So, if you run out of hot water quickly, it may mean one of the elements has gone out.
- Strange Noises - As your water heater ages, it may develop a slight buzz, which grows into rumbling sounds. Loud rumbling, banging, or popping could mean an over-accumulation of mineral deposits, or it could be a broken dip tube.
- Signs of Corrosion - Corrosion on the tank means it’s time for a new hot water tank installation because the tank is rusting from the inside out.
Call us if you notice any of the above signs to find out if the system can be repaired or if you need a new water tank.
Our Clogged Drain Repair
Most East Rockaway, NY, residents don’t give a second thought to their drains or toilets until they become clogged and begin to overflow. Slow drains aren’t something to ignore, and they will only become worse if left untreated. Sure, there are home remedies such as plungers and chemical drain cleaners, but they often don’t do a thorough job, and in the case of chemicals, they can harm older pipes.
Our clogged drain repair service gets to the root of the problem and removes the obstruction, which leaves pipes clean and in like-new condition. Our techniques are perfect for clearing slow drains, foul odors, frequent clogs, gurgling sounds, and multiple clogged drains. The best part is that our methods are perfectly safe for all plumbing. Give us a call today if you’re sick of dealing with slow or backed up drains.
If money is holding you back from getting a needed repair, be sure to check out our financing options.
Our Residential Plumbing Service
We understand that there are a variety of plumbing problems that can crop up for homeowners, which is why you need a plumbing company you can rely on to know how to fix the problem and to do it quickly. We have over 100 years of experience in the industry and have seen virtually every plumbing issue you can imagine. Our plumbing service isn’t just limited to fixing clogs and leaks; we also provide new plumbing installations such as sinks, garbage disposals, whole-house water filters, appliance hookups, bathtubs, sinks, showers, and toilets to name a few.
for East Rockaway, NY
Removed stopper in tub and cleared tub drain.