Homeowners Should Not Neglect Their Home’s Plumbing
Plumbing is the lifeblood of the home. To be without it, even for a short time, can be detrimental to health and wellbeing. That is why homeowners should always be aware of what is happening with their home plumbing system. If plumbing problems go undetected for long periods, one can damage the system itself and its home. Plumbing maintenance is important, and regular maintenance visits by a plumbing professional can give homeowners much-needed peace of mind.
Home Safety and Plumbing Peace of Mind
When a machine is maintained, the operator can be confident that it will perform as it was designed. Many maintenance checks for airplanes and other heavily used vehicles exist. Homeowners should be doing the same sort of checks for their homes. A poorly maintained plumbing system can lead to serious problems within a home. Proper and professional maintenance can prevent issues like:
- Sewer Backups
- Broken Water Pipes
- Undetected Leaks
- High Water Bills
- Water Damage to Home Structure
- Unpredictable Water Pressure
Extending the Life of the Pipes
Just as a well-kept garden produces more and better fruit, a well-maintained plumbing system will last longer and work better. There are many different materials that pipes can be made from, including natural resources like copper and man-made plastics such as PVC and PEX. Still, one thing is sure, no matter the type of plumbing material: A clean, well-installed pipe will work more efficiently and last longer than a poorly maintained one.
Pipes can develop buildup from hard water deposits, decreasing water pressure and clogging drains. Flushing the pipes regularly with boiling water can be one way to help prolong the life of a home’s pipes.
More Money in the Wallet
Keeping a properly maintained system may seem like a lot of money and energy to expend when a home system is not having problems. However, a homeowner should remember that keeping the plumbing is often cheaper than fixing problems as they arise. Regular checks help catch problems before they cause damage and when they are more easily repaired. Listed below are a few of the ways that maintenance can save money:
- Lower Utility Bills: An efficiently functioning system with no hidden leaks and good water pressure can conserve water, keeping costs lower.
- Issues, not Problems: A professional can catch a problem early in development. This means it is less costly to repair or replace because no damage has been done.
- Preventing Corrosion: Corrosion is the primary way that copper pipes get damaged, and sometimes damage can expose parts of pipes to further corrosion creating a cycle of destruction. Keeping the pipes clean and tightly affixed helps to prevent this from happening.
About Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing & Heating
Family-owned and operated for over 110 years in Malverne, NY, Charles Krull & Son, Inc. Plumbing and Heating is dedicated to providing expert workmanship and clear communication with their clients. Call them today for information on their award-winning plumbing service.